Thursday, April 26, 2007

Fancy Pizza

Last night, I had some really, REALLY good pizza. The place is called Pala, and it's on Allen between Houston and Stanton. Great little spot, perfect size, and you can either get takeout or table service. My friend Gary and I opted for the table service, and he let me choose the pizza. I adore Gary. I opted, at the recommendation of the guy at the table next to us, for the Zucca-- pumpkin puree, pancetta, mozzarella di bufala and parsley-- and another pizza (forgot the name) with sausage, leeks, cheese and chili peppers.

This was no Domino's.

The Zucca was fantastic-- rich, creamy and perfect. The other one was good too, though not as strikingly delicious as the Zucca; I tasted too much black pepper, but not so much that it was inedible. We also had a few glasses of a Sardinian red I've never heard of, but it was lovely and dry. Overall, an excellent meal, especially after happy hour and a concert, which is what Gary and I had just come from. I highly recommend.

No comments: